If you know me at all you would know my deep infatuation with Asian flavors. I mean seriously, I could have Asian food every day of the week! I LOVE IT!!! Though, sometimes when I think of Thai food, the first things that come to mind are chicken green curry or pad thai & THIS tuna fried rice.
Some of these dishes take a while to a make & some nights… I just don’t have that kind of time! With a high work load & social obligations, I want to each delicious healthy food that won’t take ages to make.
Who’s with me???
With this recipe I wanted to embrace the flavors of Asia – Thailand specifically and create a dish that is pungent yet takes less than 30 minutes to make… that’s right! Super quick!
I came up with this recipe about 2 months ago and I kid you not, I’ve made it 3 times since! Anytime I was running out of time, or didn’t have many ingredients – THIS IS THE RECIPE I WOULD GO FOR! Because it’s still wholesome, yet without all the hassle!
I’ll be sharing with you my top secret recipe to a filling quick dinner suitable for family & friends. It’s so good I’m sure you’ll be coming back for more – I know I have!
Tuna Fried Rice Recipe
للوصفة بالعربي إضغط هنا
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For The Rice:
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pinch of salt
For The Tuna Mix:
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp green curry paste
- 2 tsp lemongrass paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3/4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 can al alali White Meat Tuna in Water, strained
- 1/2 can al alali Mushrooms, Pieces & Stems
- 1/4 cup edamame beans, cooked
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Rinse rice in water. In a deep pot, sauté lemongrass paste, oyster sauce, green curry paste, ginger powder in sesame oil for 2 minutes. Add rice and sauté for another minute.
- Add coconut milk and water, then cook uncovered for 15 minutes on medium heat then cook covered on low heat for another 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare tuna mix: In a separate pan, add sesame oil, green curry and lemongrass paste, crushed garlic, oyster sauce, ginger powder & onions sauté for 2 minutes. The onion should still have some crunch.
- Add al alali White Meat Tuna & al alali Mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. When almost ready, add edamame.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
This recipe was made in collaboration with al alali.
For more main course inspirations click here & for seafood inspiration click here!
WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU ADD TO THIS DISH? LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS DOWN BELOW.