Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches with Rose Water Ice Cream Sandwiches Recipe
- 480g (1 bag) red velvet cake mix
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/3 cup LURPAK Cooking Liquid
- 1 tbsp red food coloring
- 600 g Vanilla ice cream
- 1 ½ tbsp rose water
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl add your red velvet cake mix with your eggs and LURPAK Cooking Liquid and mix till well combined.
- Scoop the mixture and place on baking tray leaving room between each scoop. This should make a total of 6 large cookies.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then leave the oven door slightly ajar & continue to bake for another 2 minutes on 160C.
- Remove from the oven, then let cool on the baking tray for a few minutes then move the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Line 3 round molds with cling film leaving additional film for wrapping and set aside. These molds should be slightly smaller than your cookies.
- In a bowl add in your vanilla ice cream along with the rose water and mix well. Scoop into the molds and cover with the remaining cling film and pop into the freezer for 1 hour or until fully firm.
- When ready to serve, remove your ice cream mix from the freezer and rub the mold between your hands, the warmth will loosen the mixture from the mold and make it easy to remove.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing one cookie on the bottom faced downwards, add your ice cream then layer with another cookie. Press it down gently to make sure it holds.
- Garnish with sprinkles or candy (optional).
This super delicious recipe was made in collaboration with LURPAK Arabia.
For other dessert recipe inspirations click here!