What are your Iftar plans today? I’m craving my infamous ginger corn soup.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 3 red chilies, chopped
- 2 cans al alali Cream Style Corn (425g)
- 1 can al alali Sweet Whole Kernel Corn (200g)
- 2 cubes al alali Chicken Stock Cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 sprigs green onion, chopped
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
In a saucepan, heat olive oil, add garlic, ginger and 2 red chilies. Sauté for 2 minutes without browning. Add al alali Sweet Corn Cream Style, water & stock cubes, then bring to boil (approximately 5 minutes).
Reduce to a simmer and add 3/4 of al alali Sweet Whole Kernel Corn, fish sauce and sugar. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season to taste.
Remove from heat and garnish with al alali Sweet Whole Kernel Corn, remaining chopped chili and green onion
Note: This recipe was done in collaboration with Al Alali.