I always like to have pre-made desserts in advance in case anyone pops in unexpectedly I would have something delicious to serve them. Great part is you can store this cheesecake recipe in the fridge for 3 days & it’s light & fluffy. It will surely leave a big smile on that friend or family member’s face. That’s exactly how I like to serve people.
It brings me so much joy to treat people to good treats. This particular recipe combines Eastern flavors with a typical Western dish. A truly harmony & melting pot just like the life we live!
Cardamom Chai No Bake Cheesecake Recipes
- 3 cups crushed biscuits
- 1 1/2 cup LURPAK Clarified Butter
- 80 ml milk
- 3 black tea bags
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 ½ gelatin sheets
- 3 egg yolks
- 75 g icing sugar
- 200 g whipping cream
- 90 g cream cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 8 maraschino cherries
- Line a tray with a wax paper, then begin preparing your base by mixing the biscuits
- with LURPAK Clarified Butter.
- Once it is well incorporated, set half the amount in cups. Then set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Prepare your cheesecake mix by heating 80 ml of milk with the tea bags & cardamom. Bring to the boil then remove from heat and let seep for 10 minutes.
- Soak your gelatin sheets in cold water for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile on a double boiler, add in your egg yolks & 50 g icing sugar (save the remainder for the later), keep mixing until the yellow color becomes faded and the consistent becomes thicker and more elastic.
- Remove teabags and run it through a mesh cloth. Add in only 20 g of your flavored milk into your egg mixture.
- Then remove the gelatin sheets from water & squeeze to discard of any excess water. Add to mixture and mix well.
- Let mixture cool.
- Separately, whip your whipping cream to medium peaks and set aside.
- In a separate bowl prepare your meringue by whipping the your egg whites to soft peak stage and slowly begin adding the remainder of your icing sugar (25g). Continue whipping till hard peaks form, and set aside.
- Once your egg yolk mixture has completely cooled, mix in your cream cheese. Once it has fully combined, fold in only half of your whipping cream then lastly fold in your meringue.
- Pour the mixture into the cups & layer alternating between the biscuit base and the cheese mixture.
- Pipe the remaining cream on top then garnish each cup with a maraschino cherry. Set in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes. Serve cold.
Hope you have enjoyed this recipe! For other dessert inspirations click here!
This recipe was made in collaboration with LURPAK Arabia.